Free Confidential Consultation. Call Now! 410-299-4959

Maryland Estate Administration Lawyer: Non-Resident as Personal Representative in Maryland.

Courthouse_Charles_CountyI’m often asked: can a non-resident serve as Personal Representative for a Maryland estate?

Yes. However, you must also have a Maryland resident named on behalf of the estate. The reason for this is that Maryland law requires a Maryland resident named on whom service of process may be made. This appointment must be filed with the Register of Wills for the county in which probate has been opened.

For a free, confidential conversation to discuss this and other estate administration matters, including probate administration legal services, contact Maryland probate administration attorney Stephen J. Reichert at 410-299-4959, or by clicking here.

Mr. Reichert can administer probate on behalf of the estate or for a modest fee he can be of assistance to the Personal Representative as assistance is needed. For example, he can be available to give the correct legal answer and review or prepare probate filings before they are submitted to the county.

Day, evening and weekend appointments are available in office or at your residence. Mr. Reichert personally serves clients throughout the entire state of Maryland.

Attorney Reichert looks forward to assisting you with your Maryland probate needs.

#marylandattorney #marylandlawyer #marylandestateplanning #estateplanning #mdlawyer #mdattorney #stephenjreichert #reichertlegal #marylandprobate #probate #mdprobate #probatelawyer #probateattorney