Free Confidential Consultation. Call Now! 410-299-4959

Who Can Be Personal Representative if a Minor is the Heir of Estate? Maryland Probate

If a Minor is the listed heir in an Estate then the Minor cannot gain access or control to the estate until becoming an adult regardless of when the Executor deceases. While this individual is the rightful heir of the Estate someone will have to be the Personal Representative of it and manage the estate until the Minor becomes an adult. Typically this would be done by the next of kin to the deceased. If the spouse of the Executor is still alive then they would be the Personal Representative. If not then it would go down the line of siblings, parents, or the minor child’s legal guardian. No matter what the Estate consists of, it must be managed by an adult who has the childs’ best interest at heart and manage it well until Minor’s coming of age. The Court will need to appoint the Personal Representative based on the best interest of the child.

If you do have questions regarding Maryland Estate Planning, such as the minor being heir of an estate, it is highly recommended to contact an experienced attorney to help guide you through the process.

For a free, confidential conversation to discuss Maryland Probate, including a minor being the heir to deceased estate, contact Maryland Estate Planning Attorney Stephen J. Reichert at 410-299-4959, or by clicking here.

Day, evening and weekend appointments are available in office or at your residence. Mr. Reichert personally serves estate planning clients throughout the entire state of Maryland.

Stephen looks forward to assisting you with your Maryland Estate Planning needs.

#MarylandAttorney #MarylandLawyer #MDAttorney #MDLawyer #MarylandLaw #marylandpersonalrepresentative #mdheir #mdminor #stephenjreichert #reichertlegal #Notary #personalrepresentative #MDEstatePlanning #MDreviewdocuments #MDlawyer #MDPersonalRepresentative #MarylandEstatePlanning #MarylandAttorney #MDlaw #MarylandLaw