Free Confidential Consultation. Call Now! 410-299-4959

Adding Spouses to the Deed of a Bequeathed Property

The deceased bequeaths house to family member in their will. The family member wants to add their spouse to the deed as Tenant by Entireties (T by E). The best way to handle this situation is to draft and file separate deeds, showing the clear chain of title. The reason for this is that there will be a Final Account filed in the estate that verifies that the home was distributed to the family member, so the chain of title should reflect that; and having a deed signed by the family member after they own the property conveying an interest to her husband will help avoid a potential complaint from them in the future. A complete, and detailed chain of title is best to avoid possible future complications, and challenges.

For a free, confidential conversation to discuss deeds and other estate law matters, including deed preparation legal services, contact Maryland estate attorney Stephen J. Reichert at 410-299-4959, or by clicking here.

Day, evening and weekend appointments are available in office or at your residence. Mr. Reichert personally serves business law clients throughout the entire state of Maryland.

Stephen looks forward to assisting you with your Maryland deed transfer needs.

#marylandattorney #marylandlawyer #marylanddeeds #propertylaw #mdlawyer
#mdattorney #stephenjreichert #reichertlegal #marylandprobate #probate #mdprobate #MDdeeds #deeds #inheritance